US presidential hopeful Hillary Clinton has warned that electing Donald Trump would be a "historic mistake".
Speaking in San Diego, California, the Democratic front-runner launched her most blistering attack yet on her likely Republican rival in November's White House election.
The former Secretary of State assailed Mr Trump's foreign policy pronouncements, saying: "He is temperamentally unfit to hold an office that requires knowledge, stability and immense responsibility.
"This is not someone who should ever have the nuclear codes."
She told a room full of supporters: "Donald Trump's ideas are not just different, they are dangerously incoherent.
"They are not even really ideas, just a series of bizarre rants, personal feuds and outright lies.
"Even if I weren't in this race, I'd be doing everything I could to make sure Donald Trump never becomes president because I believe he will take our country down a truly dangerous path."
Lacerating the former Apprentice star as thin-skinned and irrational, she said: "This isn't reality television, this is actual reality."
Mr Trump hit back on Twitter, describing Mrs Clinton as "crooked."
"They are not even really ideas, just a series of bizarre rants, personal feuds and outright lies.
"Even if I weren't in this race, I'd be doing everything I could to make sure Donald Trump never becomes president because I believe he will take our country down a truly dangerous path."
Lacerating the former Apprentice star as thin-skinned and irrational, she said: "This isn't reality television, this is actual reality."
Mr Trump hit back on Twitter, describing Mrs Clinton as "crooked."
"Crooked Hillary no longer has credibility," he wrote, saying she had presided over "too much failure in office."
"People will not allow another four years of incompetence!
"Reading poorly from the telepromter! She doesn't even look presidential," he added.
The speech came as the most powerful Republican in Congress endorsed Mr Trump, after previously stopping short of doing so.
House of Representatives Speaker Paul Ryan said in an op-ed in his hometown newspaper he would not pretend he and the businessman had no differences.
"But the reality is, on the issues that make up our agenda, we have more common ground than disagreement," he said.
While Mr Trump is already the presumptive Republican nominee, Mrs Clinton has still not quite clinched her party's nomination as her resilient underdog rival refuses to bow out.
Ahead of Democratic primaries in California and New Jersey next week, Senate Democratic Leader Harry Reid told Vermont Senator Bernie Sanders "sometimes you just have to give up".
Speaking in San Diego, California, the Democratic front-runner launched her most blistering attack yet on her likely Republican rival in November's White House election.
The former Secretary of State assailed Mr Trump's foreign policy pronouncements, saying: "He is temperamentally unfit to hold an office that requires knowledge, stability and immense responsibility.
"This is not someone who should ever have the nuclear codes."
She told a room full of supporters: "Donald Trump's ideas are not just different, they are dangerously incoherent.
"They are not even really ideas, just a series of bizarre rants, personal feuds and outright lies.
"Even if I weren't in this race, I'd be doing everything I could to make sure Donald Trump never becomes president because I believe he will take our country down a truly dangerous path."
Lacerating the former Apprentice star as thin-skinned and irrational, she said: "This isn't reality television, this is actual reality."
Mr Trump hit back on Twitter, describing Mrs Clinton as "crooked."
"They are not even really ideas, just a series of bizarre rants, personal feuds and outright lies.
"Even if I weren't in this race, I'd be doing everything I could to make sure Donald Trump never becomes president because I believe he will take our country down a truly dangerous path."
Lacerating the former Apprentice star as thin-skinned and irrational, she said: "This isn't reality television, this is actual reality."
Mr Trump hit back on Twitter, describing Mrs Clinton as "crooked."
"Crooked Hillary no longer has credibility," he wrote, saying she had presided over "too much failure in office."
"People will not allow another four years of incompetence!
"Reading poorly from the telepromter! She doesn't even look presidential," he added.
The speech came as the most powerful Republican in Congress endorsed Mr Trump, after previously stopping short of doing so.
House of Representatives Speaker Paul Ryan said in an op-ed in his hometown newspaper he would not pretend he and the businessman had no differences.
"But the reality is, on the issues that make up our agenda, we have more common ground than disagreement," he said.
While Mr Trump is already the presumptive Republican nominee, Mrs Clinton has still not quite clinched her party's nomination as her resilient underdog rival refuses to bow out.
Ahead of Democratic primaries in California and New Jersey next week, Senate Democratic Leader Harry Reid told Vermont Senator Bernie Sanders "sometimes you just have to give up".